I am a versatile writer with over 10 years’ experience as a freelance writer.
I write content that tells important stories in engaging ways. I’m finishing a PhD in creative writing and I have wide experience as a copy editor, so I love coming up with story ideas as well as getting the text just right. I believe that creative storytelling is important in any sector, and I have applied my writing and resource development skills to a diverse range of organisations, such the International Organisation for Migration (Thailand office), Leher (India) and Diaspora Action Australia. Whether it’s synthesising information for a general readership or building understanding of an organisation’s activities, I seek to to help communicate the important work of organisations to diverse stakeholders.
Much of my work falls in the themes of intercultural exchange, language and learning, sustainability and human rights. I am also a member of ArtsPositive, a creative agency with a team of writers and illustrators, who collaborate with organisations to create art-for-change content and campaigns.
Types of content I develop
- Case studies
- Learning resources
- Creative storytelling
In addition to my freelance writing work, I have experience working in the education sector, as a language teacher to adults (I have a CELTA qualification) as well as developing learning resources. I co-wrote the tertiary textbook Freelancing in the Creative Industries and I worked on the International Organization for Migration’s cultural education programme in Thailand, developing learning resources. I have also worked at Deakin University (including in their learning resources section) and I have collaborated with the University of Barcelona.
- Freelancing in the Creative Industries textbook (Oxford University Press 2015)
- Creative storytelling memory project for schoolchildren, Leher India & UNICEF India
- Collaborative translation writing workshop with Korean language students, TransCollaborate, Australia
- Cultural learning resources for refugees in Thailand
- Spanish Teacher, Council of Adult Education, Australia
Arts and culture – intercultural
I bring my experience as an arts manager in Australia and Singapore to my freelance writing. I have written for culture360 since 2015 and I was a staff writer at Art Radar (2016-18), writing about contemporary Asian art. I have written over 130 articles and I have a particular focus on intercultural exchanges, sustainability and the business of the creative industries.
- “The Home, The Habit”: looking West and East with Iranian-born artist Nasim Nasr – in conversation
- “Political Acts: Pioneers of Performance Art in Southeast Asia” at the Arts Centre Melbourne
- Mystery, translation and critical thinking | Prima Vista Tartu International Literary Festival | Estonia
- Poets translating poets | A space for meaningful exchange
- Translating voices | Finding connections between cultures
- Finding Space To Write When You’re On The Go
- A foot in each place: Managing the jet set life between Asia and Europe
- Circles of telling and listening: Storytelling between cultures
Arts and culture – sustainability
- The importance of innovative approaches to art and sustainability
- #art&technology: Making space for dialogue between art and science
- Under the surface: Art interventions in coastal spaces
- A growing concern of art and sustainability in Spain
- Arts and Disaster Recovery: A closer look at Australia’s Creative Recovery Network
- Culture and the Sustainable Development Goals: Shaping perceptions and inspiring change
- Can artists make a difference in the climate change debate?
- Literary Cities | Barcelona
- Literary Cities | Valencia
- By People | In Cities: Melbourne
- Get Packing: Catalonia, Spain (Get Lost, issue 57)