I am a versatile writer with over 10 years’ experience as a freelance writer. Much of my work falls in the themes of intercultural exchange, sustainability and human rights.
I write content that tells important stories in engaging ways. I’m finishing a PhD in creative writing and I have wide experience as a copy editor, so I love coming up with story ideas as well as getting the text just right. I believe that creative storytelling is important in any sector, and I have applied my writing and resource development skills to a diverse range of organisations, such the International Organisation for Migration (Thailand office), Leher (India) and Diaspora Action Australia. Whether it’s synthesising information for a general readership or building understanding of an organisation’s activities, I seek to to help communicate the important work of organisations to diverse stakeholders.
Types of content I develop
- Case studies
- Learning resources
- Creative storytelling
Arts and culture – intercultural
I bring my experience as an arts manager in Australia and Singapore to my freelance writing. I have written for culture360.ASEF.org since 2015 and I was a staff writer at Art Radar (2016-18), writing about contemporary Asian art. I have written over 130 articles and I have a particular focus on intercultural exchanges, sustainability and the business of the creative industries.
- “The Home, The Habit”: looking West and East with Iranian-born artist Nasim Nasr – in conversation
- “Political Acts: Pioneers of Performance Art in Southeast Asia” at the Arts Centre Melbourne
- Mystery, translation and critical thinking | Prima Vista Tartu International Literary Festival | Estonia
- Poets translating poets | A space for meaningful exchange
- Translating voices | Finding connections between cultures
- Finding Space To Write When You’re On The Go
- A foot in each place: Managing the jet set life between Asia and Europe
- Circles of telling and listening: Storytelling between cultures
- Literary Cities | Barcelona
- Literary Cities | Valencia
- By People | In Cities: Melbourne
Arts and culture – sustainability
- The importance of innovative approaches to art and sustainability
- #art&technology: Making space for dialogue between art and science
- Under the surface: Art interventions in coastal spaces
- A growing concern of art and sustainability in Spain
- Arts and Disaster Recovery: A closer look at Australia’s Creative Recovery Network
- Culture and the Sustainable Development Goals: Shaping perceptions and inspiring change
- Can artists make a difference in the climate change debate?