I specialise in culture and development related projects, and I have particular strengths in structural editing and project coordination.
I have edited, contributed to and coordinated a number of publications for nonprofit and arts organisations, from concept development to commissioning content and coordinating the design process, as well as structural editing and copyediting large reports within tight timelines.
A few samples include:
- Sustainable Consumption and Production in Lao PDR after the Voluntary National Review Policy Options for Effective Implementation and Monitoring report, Environment and Public Health Department, Asia-Europe Foundation
- World CP-Asia International Database of Cultural Policies: Philippines Profile Report, Culture Department, Asia-Europe Foundation
- Manuscript assessment for a poetry collection
- Partnership reports for the Australian Red Cross
- Advanced Diploma of Risk Surveying, Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance, Australia
- Annual Report, Diaspora Action Australia
- Asia-Europe Meeting Outlook Report, Asia-Europe Foundation
- Programming Arts Festivals in Asia and Europe, Asia-Europe Foundation
- When Strangers Meet: Visions of Asia and Europe in Film, Asia-Europe Foundation
- Arts. Environment. Sustainability. How can culture make a difference?, Asia-Europe Foundation
My role varied in each project, but I developed strong skills in designing a publication’s concept and structure, taking into consideration organisation priorities and audience expectations. As Katelijn Verstraete, previous Deputy Director of the Cultural Department at ASEF, observed: “Claire managed complex multi-stakeholder projects at ASEF in a very professional and organised way through clear communication and with good documentation of the process. She is proactive and efficient in all what she worked on in ASEF. She has very good writing and editing skills!”
I have also edited a number of reports for non-profit organisations, such as for Diaspora Action Australia (DDA) and the Australian Red Cross (ARC). DAA works with diaspora groups in Australia that promote peace, development, humanitarian response and human rights. I coordinated their Annual Report (PDF), driving the process from concept development, commissioning articles and developing design briefs to liaising with staff, volunteers, designers and printers to ensure the timely delivery of the report. For ARC I have edited their partnership reports for structural cohesion as well as for grammar, spelling and stylistic consistency. I delivered large documents, of up to 90 pages with multiple authors, with detailed edits and within a tight timeline.
Get in touch for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org